Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Roduhnee Teacher

I should have written this note 7 months ago. However, I'm writing it today. I teach English Conversative at Busan Automotive High School. Unlike many other expats in Busan, South Korea, I'm in one of the "better:" situations at my school. No things aren't perfect; however, I don't go home stressed nor want to quit my job. If everything else fail, then I would renew my contract with my school. For everything that isn't good at my school, there is always something that balance it out. My students are tremendous. Sure they are "weird", but overall, they are great kids. I have 3 co teachers. One of them is new, and he's a real cool guy. He's a team player, and that's all I ever ask of my co teachers.

For the first 6 months, many of my co workers seem scared to talk with me. Now, they've open themselves up a little more. I guess because they see that my Korean skills are improving, which makes them comfortable to speak the little "Konglish" they know. On the negative side of things, they are socially deprived, yet I'll discuss that in another note. My principal and department chair are good people. I just wish my department chair spoke a little more English than he does.

Overall, I grade my school a "C". We'll see how things be before February 25, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment