Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In The Beginning






















So I've finally made it to South Korea. Right now I'm in Cheonan City for orientation. I leave for my city (Busan, South Korea) this Friday. Let me begin by saying, jetlag was a mutha. It was the worst during the third and fourth day here. However, I'm cool now. I haven't been out much because of orientation. Yet I've hit up the streets a little to get my celebrity on. I'm not ashamed to say that the Korean chicks are hot. Seriously. I was in denial before I got over to this side of the fence; however, many of them are impuda (Korean woman for pretty). Koreans stare like crazy. They open up to you when you speak to them in Korean. I know a few words for right now. But even the few words get me far. I must say I'm in a weird place right now. I eat rice and soup morning, noon, and night. I kid you not. Koreans eat fire kimchi for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Seriously! Eating is very strange here. And being that I'm a semi kosher keeping Messianic, it's difficult to know if I'm doing it right or not because most things I don't know what it is. LOL! The journey has just begun.

9 comments:

  1. Just rice and soup? yeah you're gonna have to broaden your horizons soon lol. it seems to be very interesting though. now please explain how the korean women r attractive to u. im not being funny,but how do u really compare? im being very serious. please share.
    i think im going to love your blog! lol from the pics u seem to be enjoying yourself already :-). i imagine it being lit up beautifully! what's the first picture about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat just rice and soup. I said rice and soup is a part of every meal (breakfast,lunch, and dinner). Korean women are beautiful just like women of any race and culture. Korea is a homogeneous society. So it's all Korean people minus the foreigners. I don't have yellow fever though. I like them all (women). LOL!

    Regarding the first picture, we were listening to one of the Korean folk dancers speak. So we were trying to be in tune to what we were saying, though we didn't know anything but hello and thank you (in the Korean language).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro, Baruch Hashem...seriously, you are a blessed man. Thank you for sharing your experiences, its awesome to read about. I'm glad your during well, I hope and pray that you are blessed each and every passing day...take care bro...Yeshua Chai...and You Live!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. im not satisfied with your answer about ur attraction but lol...thats cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimchi every meal?...heaven!
    Have fun man

    ReplyDelete
  6. PLEASSSE dont give in to the attraction son..hahaha. Another one bites the dust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH nall Sudeshna, no worries. It's truly not that serious ya dig? No yellow fever here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats real about the food. in JP its like that. Im vegetarian so it is a pain here trying to get some food. be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Jewish African-American living in Korea?! You are a dream come true. Haha. I want to live in Korea one day, and I'm also Jewish (and Black.) There aren't many A.A's in Texas who celebrate Hanukkah. Much loove. (more about me on xanga.com/lonelystrangergirl

    ReplyDelete